Appendix is a small vestigial organ in our body. A vestigial organ is something that doesn’t serve any function in the body. Which is why the appendix removal surgery doesn’t have any side-effects on the body. Appendicitis is the main reason behind the appendix surgery. Delay in the infected appendix removal can lead to bursting of appendix and release of the infected material inside the abdominal area. This is a medical emergency and needs immediate treatment measures. Diyos hospital is known as the best hospital for appendix surgery and other laparoscopic procedures.
Symptoms of Appendicitis
- Pain begins around the belly button in almost all cases
- It then becomes a deep Pain in the lower right abdomen
- Fever and chills
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, Vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation may also be there
Causes of Appendicitis
Appendicitis is more common in males and in people of about 15 to 30 years. Heredity also plays a big role in causing appendicitis. Other causes include hard stool, systemic infections, tumors, injury to the abdomen etc.
How is the Diagnosis of Appendicitis made?
Apart from the symptoms, a few diagnostic tests also help in making the diagnosis clear. Some of them are –
- Complete blood Count or CBC to check for the extent of infection in the blood.
- Abdominal Ultrasound – The abdominal ultrasound gives the clear view of the appendix along with the other reasons of appendicitis such as abdominal abscess, fecal impactions or any kind of other visible inflammation.
Some other tests such as abdominal MRI and CT-scan may or may not be required.
Treatment of Appendicitis
The only permanent treatment of appendicitis is removal of appendix surgically along with a course of antibiotics.
Laparoscopic Removal of Appendix is one of the most minimally invasive procedures. It is performed in routine at diyos by our laparoscopy specialist doctors in delhi.
A few small incisions are made in the abdomen and the laparoscopic instruments are inserted. Then the appendix is taken out with the camera guided imaging laparoscopically after stopping its blood supply.
Another rarely performed method of removing the appendix is the open surgery. It is performed in cases of abdominal sepsis or any other complication due to bursting of appendix. This surgery takes considerably longer time to heal and recover as the size of incision is larger.
Why Laparoscopic removal of appendix is the best line of treatment for Appendicitis?
The advantages of laparoscopic removal of appendix makes it the best method for appendicitis treatment. Some of them are –
- Least amount of blood loss due to smaller incisions
- Faster recovery due to small incisions and less exposure of organs
- Cosmetically better scars as compared to the open surgery
- Less chances of infection due to least exposure of the insides
- Early discharge – in about one-two days.
The strenuous activities must be avoided for two weeks at least or as advised by your surgeon. Diyos is known as the best hospital for appendix surgery in Delhi due to our experienced doctors, trained staff and world-class technology. We care for your health and recovery.
To get treated by the best laparoscopic surgeons in Delhi for appendix removal, book an appointment here at Diyos hospital Delhi or call us at +91 9910120836, 01149755555.