Dr.(Brig.) A. V. RAMESH
Sr Consultant ( Dept. of ENT )
Dr (Brig) A V Ramesh is a well-known ENT surgeon from Indian Army with special interest in Cochlear Implant and Lateral Skull Base Surgery. He has trained in India and abroad. He has vast experience in all microscopic and endoscopic surgeries in ENT. He is an expert in Ear diseases and vertigo.
Microsurgery ear atKKR ENT Hospital & Research Centre, Chennai
Lateral Skull Base, Microscopic and Endoscopic surgery at HopitalLaribosiere, Paris and Hospital Nord, Marseille, France
25 years in Army as ENT specialist
Head, Cochlear Implant Programme Army Hospital (R&R) for 05 years. Performed over 150
Cochlear Implant surgeries and have experience of all three major brands of implants.
Trained three more surgeons
Senior Advisor (ENT), Command Hospital Lucknow. Head of department of four specialists
and provided tertiary care referral services to 17 ENT centres in seven central Indian
states and Nepal
- Policy for cochlear implant surgery in armed forces
- Universal Neonatal Hearing Screening Programme in armed forces
PG TEACHER and Examiner for KGMU Lucknow and DNB.
- Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India
- Indian Society of Otology
- Cochlear Implant Group of India
Field of Interest
Cochlear Implants, Lateral Skull Base Surgery, Vertigo, Speech & Voice disorders, Endoscopic
Sinus Surgery, Sleep Disorders.
Honours and Awards
- Vishisht Seva Medal
- Chief of Army Staff Commendation
- Indian Society of Otology Foreign Travel Fellowship