Enlarged Prostate Treatment in Delhi, NCR & India
Enlarged prostate or BPH (Benign Prostate Hypertrophy) is a condition where the size of the prostate gland is increased more than normal size. Prostate gland is a walnut sized gland in a male’s body which helps in secreting the fluid in semen. This gland is prone to infection, size enlargement and prostate cancer etc.
Enlarged prostate occurs in the senior males (more than 45 years of age) thereby producing some specific symptoms. Timely treatment of enlarged prostate is very important to get rid of symptoms.
Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
Get Treated by the Best Urologist in Delhi, NCR & India
Dr Vineet Malhotra, founder, chief sexologist/andrologist
Dr NK Mohanty , director, Uro-oncologist, endourologist
Diyos hospital is one of the best Urethral Stricture treatment hospitals in Delhi. We care for our patients and understand how sensitive the topic is, we take utmost care to keep our patient’s record confidential. Expect the best care from Diyos!
You can book an appointment with our Urologists here.
Advantage of Treatment with HOLEP for Enlarged Prostate or BPH at Diyos, Delhi
Minimal Invasive Treatment
Shorter Hospital Stay
Most Effective Procedure for BPH
Patient can resume the activities after 2-3 days
About Diyos Hospital Safdarjung Enclave Delhi
Diyos is a multispeciality hospital that has various dedicated departments like Andrology, Urology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Aesthetic, Ortopaedics, ENT, Bariatric Surgery, Counselling & Therapy. Our experienced and qualified doctors are dedicated towards their patients and ensure the best care always.
Our staff of medical professionals and licensed physicians will diagnose each patient in a private consultation session which will include a thorough medical history, blood work, physical examination and other health related tests, if required. We believe in perfect medical treatment that provides the quality of life the patient is seeking.
Our mission is managing your health and preventing your health problems. Our approach is to personalize and positively impact your health. The cornerstones of our strategies are early detection and early treatment of health related problems and diseases. Our clear goal is to help you in your hard days and fight the disease with you.
Symptoms that You are Having Enlarged Prostate
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms then get your checked to rule out any disease –
- Difficulty in Urinating
- Heaviness in lower abdomen
- Urine Leakage/ Urine incontinence
- Blood in urine
- Feeling full even after emptying the bladder
- Need to getup at night to urinate
How the Diagnosis of Enlarged Prostate or BPH is made?
The diagnosis of BPH is made based on the many measures including the symptoms and diagnostic tests. Some ways to diagnose enlarged prostate are as follows-
- Based on symptoms of the patient
- Urine Flow treatment – the flow of urine is measured when the patient empties the bladder of his own.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test – This blood test finds out the health of prostate gland.
Some less commonly performed tests are –
- Digital Rectal Examination by the urologist to detect any lumps
- MRI etc.
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate or BPH
The enlarged prostate must be treated on a priority basis as it can lead to urinary infections, bladder stones or even a bladder or kidney damage. To prevent these further complications of BPH, the treatment is required.
- Medicines for patients with mild symptoms
- HOLEP or Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate for major symptoms and for quite large sized prostate. This is the latest and minimal invasive treatment to treat large sized prostate.
What is Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate (HOLEP) and How it is Performed?
- This laser is a minimal invasive treatment for prostate enlargement problem. The procedure of HOLEP is simple and almost bloodless.
- The procedure involves inserting a probe in urethra.
- The probe then reaches the prostate and the laser cuts the excess tissue growth. Then the cut tissue is taken out.
The symptoms of the patient improve after cutting the excess tissue as the prostate size returns to normal. The urinary catheter is given for a short time (24 to 48 hours) and the patient is discharged after removing the catheter.
Advantages of HOLEP for Enlarged Prostate/BPH Treatment
- Minimal Invasive treatment
- Faster recovery
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Most Effective Procedure for BPH
- Patient can resume the activities after 2-3 days of the procedure
Diyos offers the best treatment for enlarged prostate in Delhi as we have the best urologists in delhi for BPH.
Book Appointment to stay healthy!