Gallbladder is a small organ that is situated near the liver. The gallbladder stone or commonly known as gallstones are treated only by the surgical removal of the gallbladder. The minimal invasive laparoscopy surgery is the treatment of choice for gallbladder stones. Laparoscopic surgery has smaller incisions, faster recovery and better patient outcome as compared to the conventional open surgeries. Diyos hospital is known as the best gallbladder stone treatment hospital in Delhi due to our experience laparoscopy surgeons and world-class facilities.
Symptoms of Gallbladder Stones
- Deep occasional pain in middle or right side of the stomach
- Gastric issues, nausea, vomiting, gastric reflux etc are quite common.
- Disturbed Bowel movements such as diarrhea etc
- Jaundice, the skin and eyes become yellow hued due to blocked bile ducts or excessive stones
Treatment of GallBladder Stones in Delhi at Diyos
The Gallbladder stones are small and numerous in number in most cases. Gallbladder is taken out via surgery in order to relieve the symptoms and relax the dietary restrictions on patient. The surgical options can be –
- Open Surgery
- Laparoscopic Removal of Gallbladder
Open surgery requires a long time in healing due to a large incision, however, laparoscopic surgery is performed via two-three small incisions near the umbilicus area. This makes the laparoscopic surgery a better option for gallstone patients.
For the patients who can not undergo surgery due to some ailment, age or other factors, then medications are given to provide symptomatic relief.
How Laparoscopic Surgery is performed for Gallbladder stone removal treatment?
The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Two-three small incisions are made around the naval area so that the laparoscope can be inserted inside the stomach. Laparoscope is a small rod like instrument with a mini camera attached to it, this camera helps in providing the inside view on the screen in the operation theater.
Other two incisions are made to help the surgeon in cutting and taking out the gallbladder. The gallbladder is taken out from one of these incisions. After that all the incisions are closed and the patient is sent in the recovery room.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal) Over Open Surgery
- Small Scar After Surgery (Cosmetically Better)
- Fast Recovery
- Minimal Invasive Procedure
- Early return to activities of daily living
Precautions to be taken if You have Gallbladder stones
- Avoid the food which is high in cholesterol and fat
- Consume the food products such as green leafy vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy products etc.
- If you experience signs of infection such as fever, chills, body-ache etc then rush to hospital without wasting time.
- Gallbladder stones must not be ignored as they can lead to gallbladder infection (cholecystitis), sepsis and other digestive tract infections.
Gallbladder stone removal surgery is commonly performed by our laparoscopy surgeons at diyos hospital Delhi. The Lap-chole or laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the procedure of choice as it allows best outcomes without large incisions. Book an appointment at the best hospital for gallbladder stone treatment in delhi here!