Prostate Cancer Treatment Hospital in Delhi, NCR & India
Prostate is a walnut sized gland in the male body which is responsible for adding fluid in the semen. When a malignant tumor starts growing in the gland, it is known as Prostate cancer. Timely treatment of prostate cancer is necessary as the cancer can spread to nearby tissues and lymph nodes etc.Prostate cancer is more common in senior males that is more than 60 years of age. Diyos understands the fearful state the comes in, we try our level best to use the minimum tests and the minimal invasive procedures to treat the cancer. Due to our best prostate cancer specialist doctors, diyos is rated as the best hospital in delhi for prostate cancer treatment.
Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
Get Treated by the Best Urologist in Delhi, NCR & India
Dr NK Mohanty – Director – Uro-oncologist & Endourologist
Dr Vineet Malhotra – Clinical Director, Sr Consultant – Urology & Andrology & Male Health Specialist
Diyos hospital is one of the best Urethral Stricture treatment hospitals in Delhi. We care for our patients and understand how sensitive the topic is, we take utmost care to keep our patient’s record confidential. Expect the best care from Diyos!
You can book an appointment with our Urologists here.
Advantage of Prostate Cancer Treatment at Diyos Hospital, Delhi, NCR & India
Minimal Invasive Treatment
Shorter Hospital Stay
Most Effective Procedure for Prostate Cancer treatment
Patient can resume the activities after 2-3 days
About Diyos Hospital Safdarjung Enclave Delhi
Diyos is a multispeciality hospital that has various dedicated departments like Andrology, Urology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Aesthetic, Ortopaedics, ENT, Bariatric Surgery, Counselling & Therapy. Our experienced and qualified doctors are dedicated towards their patients and ensure the best care always.
Our staff of medical professionals and licensed physicians will diagnose each patient in a private consultation session which will include a thorough medical history, blood work, physical examination and other health related tests, if required. We believe in perfect medical treatment that provides the quality of life the patient is seeking.
Our mission is managing your health and preventing your health problems. Our approach is to personalize and positively impact your health. The cornerstones of our strategies are early detection and early treatment of health related problems and diseases. Our clear goal is to help you in your hard days and fight the disease with you.
What are the Symptoms of Prostate Cancer?
The symptoms of prostate cancer may not be peculiar and they may seem like the symptoms of enlarged prostate or any urinary disease in the beginning. However the presence of these symptoms doesn’t mean that you have prostate cancer, that can be ruled out only after doing some diagnostic tests.
- Painful Urination
- Presence of blood in urine or semen
- Pain in groin, back, lower abdomen and thighs
- Inability to initiate or continue urination
- A feeling of discomfort in lower abdomen
- Increase in frequency of urination
- Unexplained weight loss
If you are having any of these symptoms, it is highly recommended that you book an appointment and meet our urologist.
How is the Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer made?
The diagnosis of prostate cancer is made on the basis of some tests. Commonly performed tests are –
- Digital Rectal Examination – The urologist examines the prostate to check for any bumps or lumps. This gives a fair idea to the urologist about the extent of the problem.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) Blood Test – If the range of PSA is higher than normal then further tests are ordered.
- Biopsy – A tissue sample is examined in a lab for the presence of cancer cells to confirm the disease.
- Some less commonly performed tests are Ultrasound, MRI fusion etc.
What is the Treatment of Prostate Cancer?
- Prostatectomy Surgery : The removal of prostate gland is the best and highly effective treatment for prostate cancer. Prostatectomy can be done two ways
- Radical Prostatectomy is the removal of prostate by making an incision near the belly button.
- Laser Prostatectomy is faster, minimal invasive and require less time in the recovery.
Prostate gland, related blood vessel and seminal vesicles are removed. Sometimes related lymph node is also removed to check for the spread of cancer.
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound: In this high frequency energy is used to destroy the cancer cells. A non-surgical procedure performed under local or general anaesthesia, it uses sound waves to destroy the cancer cells in a targeted area by generating heat.
- Cyber knife: In this, the cyber knife focuses on the area and irradiates it. This procedure is comfortable for patients and recovery fast.
- Radiotherapy: Radiation dose is given on the area along with the area 1 to 2 cm around the organ. The radiation destroys the cancer cells to prevent the recurrence of the disease. The internal radiation or brachytherapy can also be given. In it a seed type radiator is implanted inside the cancer cells to destroy them.
- Hormone therapy: Testosterone is responsible for the growth of prostate cancer. So testosterone and other male hormones are controlled to reduce the recurrence of the disease.
- Chemotherapy: Drugs and medications are used to treat the cancer. The injection is given to destroy the cancer cells and decrease the size of tumor.
- Cryotherapy: A new technology, it uses extremely low temperatures to freeze and destroy prostate cancer cells. Some practitioners also call it cryosurgery or cryoablation.
Is there a followup after Prostate Cancer Treatment
Our urologists advise you to come to the hospital after a specific time period in order to monitor any new cancer growths. It may be frightening and stressful to the patient but it is necessary for his health. The patients are advised to take it as a routine checkup so that any undue stress and anxiety can be avoided. We advise the following measures to be taken into consideration once you are cancer free –
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Indulge in mild physical activity such as walking, yoga, aerobics etc.
- Do something that boosts your mood
- Stay away from stress
- Be consistent on your follow ups
- Stay Positive, it helps.
Diyos, the best rated prostate cancer hospital in Delhi is just a call away. Book Appointment now.