Best Urethral Stricture Treatment in Delhi, NCR & India
Urethral Stricture is the narrowing of the urethra tube that passes urine outside the body. This narrowing blocks or restricts the flow of urine and can pose many other health benefits. Urethral strictures can be caused by scar tissue caused by previous surgery, injury or disease etc.
Urethral strictures can be treated by non-surgical, minimal invasive as well as surgical measures. It depends upon the severity of symptoms which treatment option is chosen.
Surgical Treatment Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Depends on the Treatment
Privacy Protected Treatment – Yes
All Blood Test & Imaging Facilities Available – Yes
Emergency Treatment Available – Yes
Same Day Appointment Available – Yes
Get Treated by the Best Urologist in Delhi, NCR & India
Dr Vineet Malhotra, founder, chief sexologist/andrologist
Dr NK Mohanty , director, Uro-oncologist, endourologist
Diyos hospital is one of the best Urethral Stricture treatment hospitals in Delhi. We care for our patients and understand how sensitive the topic is, we take utmost care to keep our patient’s record confidential. Expect the best care from Diyos!
You can book an appointment with our Urologists here.
What are Urethral Stricture Treatment Options?
Dilating the Urethra
A wire like dilating device is inserted inside the urethra to dilate the urethral opening thereby treating the stricture.
Suprapubic Catheter Placement
A permanent suprapubic catheter is placed. The urine from the bladder is drained through this catheter.
In this surgery, the affected part is removed and then replaced by a healthy tissue.
Diverting the urine flow - Appendicovesicostomy
Flow of urine is diverted towards a small opening in the abdomen. This allows the patient to self-catheterize the bladder through the abdominal wall.
About Diyos Hospital Safdarjung Enclave Delhi
Diyos is a multispeciality hospital that has various dedicated departments like Andrology, Urology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Aesthetic, Ortopaedics, ENT, Bariatric Surgery, Counselling & Therapy. Our experienced and qualified doctors are dedicated towards their patients and ensure the best care always.
Our staff of medical professionals and licensed physicians will diagnose each patient in a private consultation session which will include a thorough medical history, blood work, physical examination and other health related tests, if required. We believe in perfect medical treatment that provides the quality of life the patient is seeking.
Our mission is managing your health and preventing your health problems. Our approach is to personalize and positively impact your health. The cornerstones of our strategies are early detection and early treatment of health related problems and diseases. Our clear goal is to help you in your hard days and fight the disease with you.
Symptoms of Urethral Stricture
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Weak flow of urine
- Urine stream changes into sprinkles
- The urine stream is irregular
- Urine Incontinence or leakage
- Abnormal Urine Color
- Painful urination
- Frequent urgency of urine
- Redness, swelling in genital area
- Presence of blood in urine or semen
How the diagnosis of urethral strictures is made?
The diagnosis of urethral strictures is made by a qualified and experienced urologist by the following measures –
- Medical History
- Symptoms of the patient
- Urine flow test
- Physical exam of the patient’s genital areas to check for redness and swelling
- Blood tests to check for infections, if any
- Urine Analysis
- Post void residual urine measurement
- Test for sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
How the Treatment of Urethral Strictures in Delhi, Diyos is done?
Urethral strictures are treated as soon as the diagnosis is made. Treatment options depend upon the extent, severity and length of strictures –
- Non-surgical treatment – The non-surgical treatment of urethral strictures is the preferred treatment method. A wire like dilating device is inserted inside the urethra to dilate the urethral opening thereby treating the stricture. This is mostly an outpatient procedure.
- Minimally invasive Treatment – A permanent suprapubic catheter is placed. The urine from the bladder is drained through this catheter.
- Surgery for urethral Strictures – Surgery is performed only in severe cases which fail to get treated by the non-surgical methods.
- Open Urethroplasty – In this surgery, the affected part is removed and then replaced by a healthy tissue.
- Diverting the urine flow – In this surgery, also known as appendicovesicostomy (Mitrofanoff procedure), the flow of urine is diverted towards a small opening in the abdomen. This allows the patient to self-catheterize the bladder through the abdominal wall. This procedure is performed only if all other measures fail.
Expect the best urethral strictures treatment in delhi from Diyos. We offer best-in-class treatment and best care for all our surgical as well as non-surgical patients.
Click here to book an appointment with the best urologists & urethral stricture specialist doctors in delhi.